Friday, December 27, 2013

Holiday Eating and an update on the last pickup for 2013!

If you already contribute at a Bountiful Baskets site you know that December 21st was the last pickup for 2013. That being said I needed to make sure that there would be enough produce to hold us over until the first pickup in 2014. Can you believe that 2014 is right around the corner....I know that this year has flown by for me!

I know that for me a picture is so much more beneficial than a bunch of text so I am going to share lots of pictures and end with a list of my entire produce haul for the last contribution of 2013.

Conventional Basket. I contributed for 2 conventional baskets because I knew 1 just would not be enough for my veggie loving family.

 Veggie Add On Mexican Pack. This is one of my all time favorite veggie add on pack and I always get one when it's up.
 Hostess Christmas Pack. I contributed for a hostess pack and Thanksgiving and I am hooked!
 Wrap Pack. These are a must have staple at my house and we contributed for 2 for us and an additional for a friend of ours.












Entire Contents...well I also contributed for a case of pineapple which I did not include in the picture...so let's pretend there are 7 more pineapples.







So my list is as follows:
2lbs green beans
5 heirloom carrots
10 tomatillos
1 bulb garlic
2 bunches of onion bulbs
1 bunch green onions
2 packages radishes
1 package cranberries
1 package grape tomatoes
10 white potatoes
3 large onions
4 giant yams
1 bunch cilantro
1 jalapeno
4 avocadoes
4 large dried chilies
9 small dried chilies
2 lemons
4 pomegranates
1 coconut
2 packages blackberries
8 oranges
2 heads broccoli
10 grey squash
4 English cucumbers
11 ears corn
3 heads Romaine lettuce
8 pineapple
13 bananas
5 bags of grapes
120 12" wraps...this does include the 40 for our friend.

The number 1 question I get asked is how much...the grand total for my contribution was 107.75, it might seem like a lot but this is essentially 3 weeks worth of produce with both the Christmas and New Years holidays thrown in the mix.

I know that at both Christmas Eve and Christmas Dinners there were plenty of veggie dishes which made my heart happy and not to leave out a traditional carb overload known a Christmas breakfast even got to include some fruit options and not break the bank! I call that a success folks.




No comments:

Post a Comment